Friday, April 1, 2011

Why so Sensitive

I realize everyone has their own sensitivities. But seriously, I don't care about your little sensitivities. Not only that, but I don't expect you to care about mine. What I do expect is that if I offend you, you can come to me and tell me, "when you did this, it offended me". And if you offend me, I will let you know as well. But what I don't care for is someone expecting me to know what their sensitivities are if I didn't know them before.

If you do not tell me this is an issue, I will not know. I cannot read your mind, and I do not want to read your mind. If you are easily offended, don't talk to me. I will offend you, and I will not stop unless you ask. Even then, if I dislike you, I probably won't stop either. So just don't come near me. But the biggest thing I am noticing is is that we are all a bunch of big babies.

When did we get so sensitive? I must have missed something. When did everyones little intricacies become everyone else's problems? I'm sure it has something to do with this new trend in pop culture "I am unique, I am special, I am my own person, and nobody is like me". Well I have some news for you. You are not unique or special. You are just like everyone else. A self centered baby who thinks you are more important than you really are. Get over yourself.

I am tired of being consumed by someone's issues when I have to interact with them. I have to chose my words carefully. I have to make sure my hand gestures are culturally appropriate (no wonder politicians look like idiots with their hands). So I decided not to be. I am going to be myself. Because I am unique and special; I am my own person, and nobody is like me. So deal with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who pissed you off? :)

Unknown said...

The Eagle has left its nest

Yousaf said...

I am seriously pumped you have a blog :)