Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rule of Ten

I have a simple rule. It is, if you lived in Egypt for more the 10 years you are delusional. There is only one way to get rid of this delusional-ness (i know that's not a word); being outside of Egypt for 20+ years. That is the only cure for the disease of the Jews are after us - It is the only cure for the Jews run the country - It is the only cure for there are no gay people in Egypt - It is the only cure for if you need anything (cell phone/car/watch/underwear/etc.) I have a boy who does that. This cure is called perspective.

Now, I know that not all people from Egypt are delusional, the same way not all people from America are delusional. There are definitely some in America that are delusional. Like those who want to keep America for Americans (I know this makes no sense). Like those who are afraid of colored people taking over "their" country. Like poor white people voting Republican. Like people burning books they have never read. These people need some perspective too.

So I propose that everyone go outside and introduce yourself to someone you would never otherwise introduce yourself to. I tried this experiment with my neighbor. He admitted that when we moved into our home, they said to themselves "what the hell is this". I have been trying to build a relationship with him, because I know that I will probably be the only Muslim he ever meets in his life. So when someone asks him about Islam, he thinks of me and my family; not the junk he sees on TV. Otherwise, I am going to have to keep blaming the Jews for the way people see us. I think it's time for everyone to get a little perspective, and look at things through the other persons lens. And what better way to do that than to actually ask?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite post :)